Thursday, January 12, 2006

Pier Pressure

Thank you, Trace and Pez, for making me create a blog. I shall struggle to say things read-worthy. I shall endeavor to post amusing entries. I shall strive to be as grammatically correct as possible, because, I see, there are things up with which you shall not put!

In other news, we have new neighbors! The dogs noticed first, as they announced to me "Look! Roofers! We wish to devour them! Or maybe just snack on their pant cuffs! Please, may we?" So I've let them in and out all day to amuse themselves threatening the poor men working next door. I am betting the big one goes hoarse tomorrow. Then when the Little Critter came home, she marched over there, abandoning Link and Zelda to their own devices, and promptly introduced herself. And dragged me over.

So Christine, a teacher, will be my new neighbor. I was a one-woman Welcome Wagon today, and I think it set her mind at ease. Or made her wonder why she ever closed on this house next to the crazy Fish lady. Stuart came out from across the street and said hi too, so at least they will know some people.

Meanwhile, the Bigun is taking us to the Army Reserve recruiter tonight, to discuss her future. I'm taking it really well, except when I'm not. She's so like me; a great starter and a horrid finisher. Perhaps this will encourage her to learn how to finish things. Me, I wish I could learn to finish things. I mean, you know, one time...

7 Comments:

Blogger starbender said...

C...,
Great first post!
Best of Luck!
:)

5:42 PM  
Blogger The Vichy said...

Link and Zelda? OMGawsh, my kids would *love* to name our future dog(s) after yours hehe

Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging. Hang on, it's a real trip!

p.s. FYI, I've found that the most mundane things (19-cent Rice-A-Roni, for example) are the most interesting, so post about them as much as you'd like.

6:02 PM  
Blogger Fishie said...

Well, Link and Zelda are the characters from the Zelda video game. The doggers are Spot and Cowgirl. :D

6:23 PM  
Blogger Shelly said...

Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging;-)

7:55 PM  
Blogger The Vichy said...

Ah yes, I'm well aware of who (or what) Link and Zelda are. My kids live and breathe video games - until I make them come up for air, that is. I just thought you'd named your puppies after them, which would be ever so cool.

8:11 PM  
Blogger Pez said...

Yeah! You rock, Fish! Welcome to blogland. Looking forward to reading more from you here.

2:54 AM  
Blogger Kimmer said...

[waving] Yay for a new blog!

6:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home