Friday, January 13, 2006

If I was a Rich Girl...

...I would still probably shop this way.

Here’s what I got at CVS today:
8 bottles ALL laundry detergent
2 Comet cleanser
6 dish scrubbie thingies
13 rolls Christmas wrap
2 pkgs wrap tissue – 20 pcs each
2 Skippy peanut butters
1 Vaseline lotion
1 Dove shampoo
2 Dove deodorants
1 pk Dove face cleaner cloths
1 Finesse shampoo and 1 conditioner
2 Thermasilk shampoos
1 Caress body wash
1 Lever 2000 bodywash
4 pkgs Christmas bows
7 Bonne Bell lip gloss and chapsticks
Retail - $150.86 + tax =$163.31
CVS ECBucks used - $25.00
Grand total out of pocket spent – $22.32
Rebate expected - $17.50
Effective price - $4.82 for everything
% savings w/o rebate - 86%
% savings with rebate - 97%

Who rocks? Fish do.

8 Comments:

Blogger The Vichy said...

Wow, that's quite a savings. But I'm confused - how did spending $25 in EBucks save over a hundred dollars? Or am I missing something?

Either way, Fishies DO rock.

3:50 PM  
Blogger Fishie said...

CVS has a lovely deal on several things. Buy 1 Get 1 for 1¢ on All Laundry detergent and Comet. Then I had coupons (of course) for everything I got. So, for instance, an All Small and Mighty was $6.19, so two would be $12.38. 2 $1.50 coupons and a BOGO 1¢ made each bottle $1.60. And on and on. The Christmas stuff is 90% off. Voila!

5:05 PM  
Blogger Pez said...

Wow - great deal! I think we need a CVS 'round here!

5:30 PM  
Blogger Kimmer said...

Fish do rock! I have a CVS, but I have yet to make such astonishing deals as that.

8:24 AM  
Blogger Shelly said...

You are my new hero, Fish;-)

11:54 PM  
Blogger Fishie said...

I just found another rebate form for something else on that list that I got that day. It's for $5.

The end result is everything was free.

I so rule the grocery aisles!

10:32 PM  
Blogger Catherine at Frugal Homemaker Plus said...

Wow, I'm impressed! I wish I had a CVS here. We're running out of detergent and I'm looking for the most frugal alternative here. (I'm new in my town, so I don't know where the best deals are yet.)

I have not done much with rebates. Where do you find information on that?

Great site!

6:40 AM  
Blogger Fishie said...

There's a wonderful site called TheGroceryGame.com. It tells you when to use the coupons you have to get the best deals. If you don't want to pay for that, ($1.25 a week) you can always access the free message boards. THERE you can learn about scoring at CVS and on rebates.

I never did rebates until this year. Since the 3rd I have $110 out in rebates. Christmas money here I come!

4:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home