Monday, January 16, 2006

Drenched

It was not a good morning.

The Little Critter turned up in our bed around 6:00 a.m. "Mom, can I lay here for five minutes?"

About 6:20 JJ emerges from the shower and attempts to move the LC. I'm thinking how nice and warm the bed is; how I don't want to get up; how it seems JJ has replaced said child with the very warm heating pad.

"Um,... honey? Um,... she wet the bed."

Instantly alert, I determine that , yes, she has also wet ME. Heating pad indeed. WHY would I think JJ has put the heating pad in bed with me?

(Okay, a moment to collectively say "EEEWWWWWWW.")

Hello, child, you had to PASS the BATHROOM to GET to my bedroom.

Quick shower, followed by discovery that, of course, the dogs had to have chewed up every last bread wrapper from the trash that didn't get set out. And the dishes the Bigun was supposed to have washed are still soaking themselves in the sink or languishing on the counter. And the game system is still strewn about the den floor. And all the musical instruments the Bigun owns are in the entryway TO THE FRONT DOOR. STILL.

Did it have to be a holiday today?

Good things that did happen eventually:
* I got the script written and e-mailed out and I think it's good
* I couponed my way through free butter noodles and cream gravy and 4ยข energy bars
* Black & Decker CS said they would replace the NEVER-HAS-WORKED blender I JUST BOUGHT if Linens-n-Things won't
* The lost dog we found was claimed today
* The meatloaf was incredible - best I've ever made

So it wasn't all bad. But I can't even say I wish I had stayed in bed. I mean, EWWWWWW!

4 Comments:

Blogger Pez said...

I have had a few of those "heating pad" moments too with my critters. Ewww!

10:26 PM  
Blogger Kimmer said...

Lauren wets her bed at night all too frequently. After which, she comes in and sleeps with us. I haven't yet had a heating pad moment with her, but I fear it!

Share that meatloaf recipe!

10:59 PM  
Blogger Fishie said...

Oh the meatloaf thing was just the Onion Soup Mix recipe. I always resisted trying it. More the fool I; even the Little Critter ate it.

1:06 PM  
Blogger The Vichy said...

I thought this post would be about the rainstorms we had the other night! LOL

Meatloaf sounds yummy. :)

3:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home