Friday, March 10, 2006

A Lovely Shade of Brown

I forgot to mention this. (For someone with nothing to say, I sure have a lot of entries!)

Yesterday I went to the convenience store on the way home from running errands. Right on the counter was a lovely new Take 5 candy bar. The one with the chocolate cookie inside. Well, the Bigun and I are immensely fond of the original Take 5 bars, and we got Just Joe hooked on them, so usually we have them around. Lately, though, I've been lax about getting them, so we're in withdrawal.

I saw the new variety and decided to try it - at 2/$1 it couldn't hurt anything.

The Bigun arrives home from school.

Me: I got you a present!

Bigun: Really? What? What?

Me: Lookie!

Bigun: Oh wow! Wanna split it?

Me: Sure, break me off half of one half.

Bigun: No! Eat the entire half! You know you want to!

...and so on. She threatens to put the other half of my piece down my shirt and chases me down the hall, but I was pretty quick. For an old mom, anyway.

So off I go to the political meeting, and sit there schmoozing and catching up and making plans and everything. Great evening. I drive home all ready to tell JJ about it, so when I arrive he makes me a drink and offers to rub that twinge-y shoulder I have while I tell him.

Shirt and sweater off, then the straps of the camisole and bra, and then:

JJ: Um, honey?

Me: Yeah?

JJ: Who shit on you?

Me: !!! (punctuated by flapping arms)

JJ: You have brown gunk all over your back. Seriously. I'm not sure I can touch you.

Me: (more flapping, perhaps even some swearing)

The Bigun had indeed been too quick for me. So I wore that chocolate all day. Who the HELL walks around unaware they have chocolate IN THEIR SHIRT? I mean, besides ME? Anyone?

JJ got over the imagery eventually. I might even be able to sleep in the same room with him again one day.

3 Comments:

Blogger Beth said...

Oh that's funny!!!!!!!! The image of the Fish flailing about with brown stuff all over her back!!

8:51 PM  
Blogger Fishie said...

I never do anything DoxWorthy. Obviously I am the epitome of poise and self-possession and grace.

Until now.

12:21 AM  
Blogger Catherine at Frugal Homemaker Plus said...

Bahahahhahahahahhaaaaa!

10:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home