Monday, March 06, 2006

Copycatfish

I've been outdone.

The Little Critter crawled into bed with us Sunday morning like a heating pad. (But this time, a dry one) Sure enough, she topped my house fever record and left it in the dust. 102.3. Showoff.

We went ahead and drove home to see the family for a little while because she felt fine, and because the fever had dropped a lot by the time we left. Good times all around, nice conversation on the way home, and a very compassionate big sister helping take care of the LC when we returned.

So Bitty is playing hooky today, and she went to the doctor. I'd forgotten how nervous she can be doing things like that. She was so brave, but I could tell she was fretting every minute. In all, the doctor told her no shots, no infection in her ears or throat, no rasp in her cough, and a managable fever. Still she wrote a scrip for Amoxicillin and told me I had bronchitis. Gee, thanks. Where's my scrip?

So one doctor trip and one Icee later, the Little Critter is chillin' in front of Super Smash Brothers and smiling because she gets the "bubble gum medicine" and because the Bigun made her Kool Aid popcicles. And because she doesn't have "lamonia."

I'll let her win this time.

5 Comments:

Blogger The Vichy said...

Glad to hear LC is okay. I hate when the kids run a fever - I'm usually more upset than they are.

Hope your bronchitis disappears soon! I lubs the Fishie. ;)

3:37 PM  
Blogger Pez said...

Wow - that was a high fever. I am glad to hear that LC doesn't have "lamonia" (that is so cute!). Feel better soon, MissFish.

9:56 PM  
Blogger Fishie said...

Well, now it's up to 103 and she's weary - I hate these night fevers!

10:07 PM  
Blogger Catherine at Frugal Homemaker Plus said...

Ha! I learned to take pills at the age of four because I hated the bubble gum medicine! I got strep all the time, and a very kind pharmacist though to ask my mom why I was hysterical when I saw the evil bottle. When he found out I hated the taste, he told my mom I could have pills if I could learn to take them. Which I did.

I think that this is why I can swallow horse pills without a second thought today.

7:21 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

Aww... I hate it when the kids are sick. I hope you all feel better soon!

5:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home