Monday, September 29, 2008

Dog Day













Just for fun, I occasionally take the pooches to the Bark Park. The Millie Bush Bark Park, to be precise, which certainly cracks me up. But sometimes when I go, the poochinis don't want to play nice. If there are men around, Cowgirl goes a little nuts protecting me, and sometimes Spot thinks he's Big and Bad and tries to chase dogs three times his size.

It's easier not to go there.

So I stumbled on a little soccer field bordered by woods, and I've begin taking them there. I keep them off the fields, don't worry. We go straight to the edge of the woods. They love this place so much, all I have to do is say the word "RIDE?" and they are in the car. Witness:



Lately they've been tracking down squirrels and birds and they even surprised a rabbit out of some underbrush by a lone tree and sent it back into the woods for cover. They treed a squirrel recently, and the squirrel sat on the branch teasing and scolding them. They are far too slow to catch these critters, but they love the chase. By the time they notice a varmint, the varmint is already long gone.
There are deer who live in those woods and occasionally come out to wander on the edge of the fields. I wonder if that's what they smell when they dash to the edge of the woods.
Good thing they're too chicken to go find out.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice to hear from you about this, veru interested topic ...................

2:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home