Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Back in the saddle

Oh, yeah, the Fish is back.

I got my study materials yesterday. 1200 possible questions. This is probably comparable to the LSATs! Or the bar exam even! I read the first question and just put the book down and walked away.

I start teaching tomorrow, and I can't wait. I need to get back to my kiddos. It's been too long since May.

I'm also busy trying to find people to work the election with me in November. Everyone is excited about it but few want to be there at the polls. I guess after the primaries I don't blame them, but it shouldn't be this hard to get people to give up one day to make sure everyone can vote.

/rant. But it still makes me a little frustrated.

On the plus side, my range hood and top of my fridge are spotless. FLYlady rocks!

But that's just in time for Hurricane Ike to take a trip through the neighborhood. Lots of water, a full gas tank, lots of lunchmeat, ice, soda, bread and chips, so we won't starve. I'm just worried about the winds breaking my flimsy windows. We'll be policing the area for projectiles, but with next-door neighbors like we have, who knows what possible missiles could be launched.

The news is full of projected paths, stories of past hurricanes and evacuation orders. They're basically telling us inland in west Harris County to hunker down and ride it out, then leave afterwards if we need to. In downtown Houston they're warning of possible 100+ mph winds intensified by the tall buildings. And all over Texas the most urgent warnings of all: college football games may have to be moved or rescheduled. THAT shows how serious it is.





3 Comments:

Blogger Pez said...

WB, MissFish! I hope the storm has passed and all is well with you.

Sorry about your friend, Bill. Best wishes with the test.

11:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to see you back!

4:30 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

glad you are back! Hope you are okay after Ike.

12:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home