Wednesday, January 18, 2006

One Woman Show

I am an idiot.

Let me explain. We LOVE the school carnival. Who doesn't? But this year the chair refused to do it again. Who could blame her? It's a lot of work and not easy and you work with a hundred other people who all love carnival but hate to actually WORK at anything.

So in a moment of weakness, bolstered by the knowledge that I had run one of these things before, I volunteered. Because otherwise there would BE no carnival.

Oh. My. Stars.

Two people came to last night's meeting. T-W-O.

We have ten weeks to get ready. T-E-N.

There are no committee heads, no volunteers to solicit donations, no people collecting books for the sale, no people purchasing supplies, no people signing up to decorate or prepare food.

There's me. And a to-do list about eleventy miles long.

If this thing gets off the ground it will be totally God's work because me? I'm desperate.

3 Comments:

Blogger The Vichy said...

Sorry, Fishie. I wish I could help. I bet you hear that a lot, don't you? ;)

(((Fish)))

8:29 PM  
Blogger Pez said...

Oh, I feel for you! Just please do not ask me to help out. ;)

Our school holds a carnival every other year because they cannot get volunteers every year...

1:09 AM  
Blogger Catherine at Frugal Homemaker Plus said...

Pssst...Fish- e-mail me the address you use at Grocery Game, and I will use you as my referal. You were the first one to tip me off and I'd love to give you credit for it so you can get your free week or whatnot.

My e-mail is Frugal.Homemaker.Plus@gmail.com

Thanks!

2:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home