Thursday, January 18, 2007

Damn Media

Yeah, I'm on a rant. I HATE the media, especially the print media.

No, my favorite celebrity has not been hounded to death; that's not the source of my indignation. No, they didn't publish anything negative about me or mine. No, I don't think they've overstepped anywhere (this week) or rushed to judgement (in the last few hours.)

But dangit, do they HAVE to show, on the front page of the lifestyle section, a picture of a character in 24 with a huge red "X" on said character's face, implying that this character is killed early in season 6? Especially when I have just six (six!) hours left to watch of Season 5?

I've managed to watch 5 seasons in a year or so, and just when I'm ready to catch up and watch it weekly like normal people do, they throw SPOILERS into the paper! Rassafrassin'...

ETA: Oh yeah, and by the way? When you have in your possession the evidence to bring down someone extremely vile, corrupt, etc., someone who would stop at nothing, even murder, to get it back, what is Cardinal Rule #1 for surviving, or at least seeing to it that said villain is brought down?

MAKE A FRICKIN' COPY! JEESH!

OK, /rant.

Lunch with Pley (who looks fabulous even in the rain, for which I am jealous) was great; there aren't hours enough in the day to spend hanging out with someone as interesting as she is. We decided to celebrate the fact that we are not our genetics. And that we're smart couponers. And that Steve Burns is working on new music. And that we have such great husbands whom we do not currently desire to smack. And a dozen other things. She just picked the wrong part of town to live in. OK, the right part of town that wasn't MY part of town!

1 Comments:

Blogger Pez said...

Glad you enjoyed lunch with Pley. :) I would love to dine with you both sometime!

9:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home