Friday, December 29, 2006

Pounds lighter

I'm really in a mood. I think I've lost 300 pounds.

See, I've been trying to de-clutter the house a little bit at a time a la FLYLady, and I can't tell you the bags and bags of stuff I've tossed in the past few weeks. It feels good to get rid of things. It feels like one day I will be able to have space for all the stuff I DO need.

So as part of the Pre-Spring-Cleaning jag I'm on, I spent the evening digging through the mess that was on the TV stand in my bedroom. And the big box next to it. And all I've got to say is "Woah, Nellie!"

Here's some of what I found:

* a nametag I used in Academic Decathlon in high school (People, I have a CHILD that same age now)

* a picture of my ninth grade crush/neighbor I haven't thought about in eons

* my 9th grade school ID

* a bracelet I bought at my first job at a department store that broke the week I got it

* two of the $100 savings bonds the in-laws bought the Bigun

* a $100 savings bond they bought for the Little Critter

* the precinct information from working the local Congressional campaign four years ago

* tickets to the concert we took the Bigun to for her 10th birthday while I was seven months pregnant

* programs from two puppet workshops

* a picture of me on roller skates, skating backwards (that one was actually pretty recent)

* What to Expect when You're Expecting (The LC is SEVEN already)

* newspaper with the headlines and details for the 2000 election and the front page section of the September 12th 2001 paper

* our 1999 tax return

* three books I was about to buy again because I thought they were lost

* the title to JJ's car

You get the picture. I can't wait to tackle my closet shelves. I know there's more high school memories to dispose of in there. I think holding them *coughtwentyomigodcough* years is about enough. I am determined not to be the old lady with stacks of junk six feet high throughout the house.

And I am available to do this at your house. If you can afford me.

6 Comments:

Blogger Robin said...

I have a box of high school junk. I will never part from it. It's now going on 18 years.

11:36 PM  
Blogger Kimmer said...

I will happily pay you in Christmas cookies!

8:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No!

Just this morning I went to Wal-Mart and their Christmas stuff is now down to 75 percent off. Oh, baby, the house is going to be ultra festive next year.

I will blog about it. Soon. If I can dig my way out of all this junk I keep stacking in my house. Heh.

Save yourself. There is no hope for me.

11:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well for deep cleaning services I charge 12 bucks an hour, so I recommend you charge at least $20. Hey, if you're looking to get rid of What To Expect When You're Expecting and I reimburse you for postage, could I have it? I have been avoiding reading those books, etc. for the first trimester because quite frankly they scared the bejeezus outta me, but now that I'm in my second trimester (16 weeks and counting)I just find them either informative or funny (you may show a slight bump below your navel around the 4th month my fanny). Either way, I figure it's worth it.

1:30 AM  
Blogger Fishie said...

T, just e-mail me and the book's yours. I make it a gift of you.

8:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like we've got the same resolutions, girlie. I've already started tossing stuff right and left, although I'm thinking a garage sale is in my future. There's some stuff I just can't trash, you know?

And which concert did you go to when preggers? I went to see Toto (a'la "Africa" and "Rosanna" fame) when I was 8.75 months pregnant with K. That's quite a story there...remind me to tell you sometime about the homeless man bringing me a chair and water. LOL

9:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home