Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Alamo Draft House = movie heaven

For someone who has so much to do, I certainly don't have much to say, do I?

I got new jeans, and cut off the hem. Shut up. I'm short. Sue me. It's the style, too, apparently, so I'm out for 10 more pair. Might as well be in style once in my life.

I was going to get sworn in as precinct chair Monday but the executive committee didn't have a quorum. So I'm a limbo chair.

Two days until school breaks for Christmas. No time to shop before the kids are home. No money anyway. Making fudge today in hopes teacher-type people like it.

Got voted PTA treasurer for the next two years. Officially installed in March. And, since I missed that meeting, also got nominated to the audit committee. Wheee! (Note to self: do not skip meetings ever. Clone self if necessary.)

And finally, JJ and I went on a DATE.

(you may pick yourself up off the floor now)

I got passes from a friend to the Alamo Draft House Theatre last weekend, and two kids spending the night elsewhere on the same night. So away we went to see Bond. But not in just any theatre.

Alamo has movie theatre seating, but instead of another row directly in front of you, there's a counter. On the counter, there are menus and a lovely server comes to you before the show starts and explains how to order. You eat dinner, appetizers, whatever, right there in the theatre. And if you need to order during the show, you raise a little piece of paper and the server comes back. This server brings you whatever adult beverages they have as well. And on Monday nights, they show Monday Night Football in a theatre. I know about two dozen guys that would make that a weekly habit in the fall.

So we watched Bond and ate chips and queso, and got out of the theatre for under $15. I can't describe how much fun it was. Find one of these and go see for yourself.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love love love the Drafthouse. We went several times to the ones in Austin. I did find it challenging, however, to eat nachos in the dark. LOL

No Drafthouse on this side of town, but we do have Movie Tavern. Same idea, but the movie prices are much cheaper. They make up for it with the food prices, though (as does Alamo Drafthouse). At least their victuals are tasty. :)

5:56 PM  
Blogger Robin said...

What is this thing called a date?

7:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL Robin!

6:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home