Thursday, April 26, 2007

Creeping Crud and the Personal Mental Health Day

I think I finally came off the adrenaline from the carnival. All this week I've felt icky and tired. No fever, a little scratch in the throat, but otherwise fine. Except exhaustion.

Hey, I'll take it! If it means naps and going back to bed after taking the LC, I'm willing to do the time.

In fact, today the LC came down with it too.

We agreed we'd sleep in a little while this morning, so we crawled in my bed and snoozed. Around nine I woke her and told her we needed to get moving. She started to cry, so I started to melt. I didn't want her to go any more than she did, so we took the day off together. Which worked out fine, as we cleaned and played and just hung out. We never left the house.

After the Bigun turned 18 a week ago (yipes!) I got to thinking about how I want the LC to remember growing up with me around. Apparently in the Bigun's mind I did it all wrong, which is why she lives with my parents and stays with her friend when she's here in town. Oh, it's okay to ask the Madre for money, or to sit by her in the ER when she's had an attack of ovarian cysts. But beyond that, not so much.

So when I had the opportunity to play hooky with the LC today, I jumped on it. She may miss a day of school, but she won't miss the fun of just taking a day off and hanging with the Mumster.

Plus, I know she's going back tomorrow - it's field day! A sure-fire not-miss event.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home