Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Of grumpy children

I don't know what it is about grumpy children, but they set my teeth on edge. Not that I'm a bundle of optimism and joy myself, but gosh, when a kid is moody, it plays on my last nerve.

The Little Critter's new best friend is usually an ok kid. She's a messy one, she and her little sister both. They come from a home where that's okay. But it isn't okay in my house, and the last part of every visit they spend here is devoted to convincing them that they have to pick up after themselves. This is frequently followed by the younger one saying "mommy, I want you!" and refusing to leave her mom's side. Until mom makes her.

But yesterday from the best friend, it was "Why do we have to go over to LC's house?" and "I don't WANT LC to go to dinner with us!"

OK, now I have drilled in to the Little Critter's head that rudeness isn't tolerated. At all. And that if I ever found her being rude and ugly to one of her friends or classmates, my head would explode. And the LC is usually the friendliest thing, making new friends everywhere. But her new "BFF" (I HATE that phrase) is not only occasionally rude and ugly, but also jealous, and throws a fit if the LC wants another kid to come over. She's also ugly when other kids are here at the same time.

I finally told her mom yesterday she needed to handle it or I would. I NEVER say stuff like that, but I was past my limit, having her two over here whining nonstop.

And do you know what? I picked up all three kids today from school while she took her DH to the doctor, even though it's a day where I have to hold two meetings. They're ANGELS in there today.

Their mom said today that it must just be happening when she's around.

No! Really?

Because the key word I used above is "tolerate."

I don't, so they don't. She does, so they do.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kimmer said...

Good for you, having low tolerance for bad behavior!

6:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home