Thursday, February 08, 2007

(enter appropriately eye-catching title here)

OK, ok, so I got really tired of looking at the last post. Finally.

Carnival time is here again. I have about 8 weeks to get the thing done. I've thought and thought about how to improve over last year and I think I've come up with some good plans. Of course, they could be moronic ramblings, too. We'll see. One major cool thing? Having races with these. I am so gonna rock if that works.

I finally got to go to Bible study class and service last weekend. It's been something like two years, since I've worked most weekends in the preschool area. I think people were starting to wonder if JJ had a wife anymore. (He does.) And interestingly, I ran into a guy who I went to school with from 5th grade to graduation and haven't seen since. Not a crush or anything, just the nice guy who was also class president or something. He had been coming to class all the time with his wife and I never knew because I wasn't there. Now he's made me all of a sudden want to go back on *coughtwentycough* years of vows never to see my graduating class again and actually go to the reunion this summer. Dangit, Ray. I was happy thinking I'd hate the reunion until you started talking about it. Now I'm all curious.

Last week I got paid $50 to help a friend design the look and text of her website. That was a $25/hr rate, more than my miserable employment record has ever earned me so far. And it was kinda fun. When she has it up I'll post a link and you can see whether I'm worth it.

Tomorrow I am off to the state PTA convention in San Antonio. I love that town for conventions. Anyone need any cheesy Alamo crap while I'm there? I'll be thinking of you as I stroll on the Riverwalk in completely different weather from the way it was last June. I'll even have to bring a sweater! I look good in a sweater.

S had her hubby over today to examine the house for piecemeal small remodeling projects. We were talking adding a dog door and some new lights in the kitchen. Maybe some ceiling fans. By the time he left we had remodeled the entire front half of the house and kitchen, added 5' on to the pantry's depth (crucial!) and created a breakfast nook and a window seat and a new cabinet arrangement and...

Stop me before I spend again.

4 Comments:

Blogger Kimmer said...

Those roller-thingies look amazing! Mmmmm, remodeling . . .

7:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You will so rock if you get those giga balls. (No, I am not looking around here at all the mess wanting to add one of these to the collection. Nosirreeeeee.)

A friend of mine loves San Antonio. She goes there for her Mommy Needs Some Alone Time once in a while. Now you've both got me curious.

Texas is on our travel with the trailer list, anyway. ;-) Hell, everything is -- what am I saying?

7:07 AM  
Blogger Beth said...

evil cracks me up! Only because I'm sitting here thinking the same thing of course!

Those things look like a blast!

11:22 AM  
Blogger Pez said...

The reunion sounds like it might be fun. This year is 25 years for me but the reunion thing is not a big deal in Canada like here in the States so of course nothing is planned.

Those giga balls look like great fun!

3:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home