Friday, November 23, 2007

Big Deal



So I did Black Thursday shopping with Kohl's, Target and Sears this morning. I'm amazed I'm still conscious. I didn't go to sleep, but instead headed over to Waffle House at 2 a.m. for breakfast and ad perusing. After picking up hot chocolate to go, I joined the Kohl's line. Once the door opened, I was inside almost immediately, and was almost immediately run down by a karate shopper with a cart.


Aaaaah, bargain-hunting.


I finished there in less than an hour and joined the Target line. Again, near the front, I had a much less positive experience with that line, as we were on the north side of a building in a zippy north wind. Oh, and people who cut in line suck.


Then off to Sears for stuff for JJ. Thank God he picked the things out, because I don't speak Hardware. Everyone there was so nice and friendly and relaxed, probably because it's only a Sears Hardware store and not the full department store. Otherwise we'd have been mobbed by mommas going after daddy gifts between getting the hot new electronics items and the big clothes markdowns.


I was done by 6:30 and back home in time to pick JJ up and drop him at the park and ride.


A brief three hour nap, and then I was up for the day, getting the tire fixed (I needed three new ones and apparently a front-end alignment to be done in the near future) and cleaning and trying to recover. My back's a little sore from all the standing in line, and I didn't follow any of my resolutions from last year except for getting there earlier, but at least I knocked out a few things on the list and can take a few days off before going out and braving the crowds again. I hear Tuesdays are pretty good shopping days.


Anyone get any good deals yet?


3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't care if they're giving stuff away, I refuse to even enter a retail establishment on Black Friday.

You're a braver woman than most.

I salute you!

11:36 AM  
Blogger Mrs. Chili said...

I have never, EVER shopped on the day after Thanksgiving, and I never, ever will. I'm right there with Contrary; even if they're GIVING stuff away, it's still not worth it to me...

7:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Didn't do Black Friday, except for a quick trip to Sam's Club for essentials. Went to Target tonight, though, and got a brand new 12-cup coffee maker for my mom. $4.50. Yep, that's right, four-frickin-fifty. Also got her a 7" santoku knife for her stocking stuffer. Got a $1 "so ratty it's cute" teddy bear for Nelson's stocking, and some 4"x6" photo frames at 89 cents a pop for the baby handprint in clay/ Christmas photo for the relatives. The clay will be made with 88 cent bread and white glue. The photos will be printed at 46 cents apiece at Wal-Mart or Sam's Club. So far I've got everything for my dad, mom, dad's g/f, and K's mom (aka Nelson's Nanny Wales)for a grand total of $19.98 not including tax and shipping.

Who needs Black Friday?

1:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home