Thursday, June 08, 2006

Red Fish, Blue Fish

One hour. One stinking hour in the sun was all I asked. I. Am. Toast.

Except maybe toast actually browns at some point, whereas I achieve the subtle glow of a nuclear reactor leaking at midnight.

I do this damned sunburn thing once a year and swear never to do it again. And I always do; like Lucy and the football, the afternoon at the pool calls to me.

So if I can get a pic of my red-hot (literally) cleavage, I'll post it. Or my shoulders. That'll make you squirm.

Oh, and the bad news is it's been 10 days without the Bigun and no word from the Army or her about where exactly she is. My mom has already called and pissed them off about it, but she learned about that inertia thing pretty quickly. She keeps asking "What if they LOSE her, Fish?" To which I SO want to reply "Thanks, Mom. I hadn't considered that yet on my list of things to freak out about. So glad you freaking reminded me of that one. What would I do without you."

On the bright side, there are three tubs of ice cream in my freezer. That's gotta be worth something.

UPDATE: The Bigun called her grandmother and gave her the address. The great thing is that apparently she is having the time of her life. She loves it! WHO KNEW!!?!

5 Comments:

Blogger Beth said...

So not looking forward to the day my bigun flies the coop. I feel for you fishie, I really do.

BTDT on the burn too! Why don't we ever learn?

12:19 AM  
Blogger Kimmer said...

I too, know the pain of the burn. Hate it. Get some SPF 50, woman!

Isn't it nice when our moms are sooooooo helpful?

6:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

See, this is why I have limited contact with the maternal unit. I have enough anxiety all on my own, and I don't need to take on hers.

Of course, your situation may not be as serious where you would need to limit contact and the information you share with your mother, but if it is, seriously, think of limits.

8:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay!

You've raised a confident girl, there, Fishie. Be proud!

10:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh man, it was so hard when my oldest was in Basic. We didn't hear from him at all for 2 weeks (but the recruiter had told us to expect that) and then he'd call or write as often as he could. Which wasn't often. Because apparently? He was BUSY.

Oh, as far as sunburns go, remind me to tell you the story of the time my nipples got sunburned. Someday. When the horribleness has faded. In about 50 years.

4:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home