Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Frying Pan Therapy

OK, here's how it shook out.

Boatman and I exchanged e-mails for a couple of days and his general theme was "It was selfish of me to contact you but I couldn't stand not knowing anything, and I'm sorry I was such an ass. Nothing excuses it."

So I answered some questions and filled him in a little on what she's like and sent a couple of pictures. And I called the Bigun and took her to lunch. I gave her the phone number and e-mail and brought her up to date, then let her read the e-mail exchange. I think she got stuck on the fact that she has two little brothers.

He e-mailed me this morning; she called him and they talked for a few hours. She invited him to her graduation (I'm okay with that and told her so before she called) and he offered to fly her to Hawaii to meet him before she goes to Army training this summer. At this point I've done what I think was right and put it in their hands. It's up to them now.

The flood of memories has almost choked me at times, but I keep telling myself that's not the important thing. What's important is that he's reaching out to her, and she's willing to hear from him. If it helps her, I'm okay with that. And if he messes up, I'll kill him. I'll give him a case of Frying Pan Therapy he'll never forget.

I don't think he will this time, not from what I'm reading. I just hope for the best, and that I'm doing the right thing.

4 Comments:

Blogger Kimmer said...

Good for you for doing something that must have been difficult, even though you knew it was right. I hope it all works out ok, although I'll send you my cast iron skillet if you need a spare.

2:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

(((hugs))) for Fishie. I do not envy you the decisions you're having to make, but if your heart feels right about it, then you're doing the right thing.

Plus, Bigun's eighteen now. She's an adult and may have searched him out on her own. It's good that you're able to be there for her right now.

3:12 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

(Hugs) Fishie.

4:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good Lord. This is huge. I'm sorry I haven't been keeping up, but I have some of my own experience with this if ya wanna e-mail me. If nothing else, I make a good sounding board.

10:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home