Saturday, October 20, 2007

Paused

I'm taking a break right now. I mean at this very moment, I am not doing anything.

I folded some laundry earlier, read a chapter in my book, barbecued sausage and chicken for dinner tonight, took the LC to drama class and shopping, invited a friend to spend the night with LC, made a bank run, made a grocery run, worked school store today (selling a record $646,) chopped veggies for teacher birthdays, ran JJ to work, challenged him to a Sudoku match when he got home and helped recruit 3 new members for the PTA.

So now I'm doing nothing. In half an hour Corner Gas comes on and we're staying up to watch it. But at this very moment, all I am doing is setting it all down. It's quiet; only the fan noise and my pecking at the keyboard.


I think this, more than anything else, is why I want to move to the country. There just isn't the option of overscheduling myself. It's quiet there, just crickets and an occasional cow. Maybe wind blowing over the trees on the top of the hills. You can see stars out there, and feel a hush that sits on you gently but dares you to break it.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mrs. Chili said...

Heh. I'm not sure your impression of "country life" is accurate. Have you ever talked to a farmer?!

7:24 AM  
Blogger Fishie said...

Who said anything about farming? I pay people to do that for me, via the grocery store! Dirt? ICK! :D

2:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home