Thursday, December 06, 2007

Hello Goodbye

I'm again reaching terminal velocity, running eighteen places at once. It's another full roster; school store, classes, treasurers' meeting, hearing screening, reports to prepare for next week's meetings, the GOP executive committee meeting, and that's just through Tuesday. I work this weekend too.

The short but fun update to the neverending saga over the nurse:

My friend who witnessed the exchange where I was cleared made a phone call to the fundraiser chair yesterday. After talking some other business, she said this: "I have to tell you, whoever said Fish stole phone numbers and called parents is a total liar. Fish confronted the nurse today and the nurse said it didn't have anything to do with her."

"How do you know that?" she was asked.

"I was there! I heard the whole thing! And believe me, now Fish is on the warpath. She's going back to the president and finding out where she got her information, because that's slander!"

According to my friend, it got really quiet on the line.

Let the kissing up commence, she is on notice. Not saying she definitely did it, but I have a feeling.

Bonus good news; people finally got off their duffs and got their deposits and check requests turned in. Nothing like a little ultimatum to get people moving. One person has been sitting on some checks since September, and I'm the one getting e-mails about it. Love that.

And yay me, I told church today to take me off the next months' rotations, so I have actually dropped an activity! Let's see if I can make it a habit. Right after convention. Or after the competition. Or maybe after the primary...


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh! Oh! It's the Beatles!!! Thank you, Fishy! :o)

It's snowing here!!! yay!!! It's so pretty!

*whew* Apparently the coffee has kicked in. lol Kudos to you for tracking down and squashing an ugly rumor. That can be hard to do. Hopefully you can now enjoy the flip side of these kinds of things, which is that since you've proven an outright lie once, now people will believe that anything mean they hear about you is a lie. As they should anyway. ;o)

9:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home