Sunday, December 02, 2007

No Time This Time

I'm trying to see if I can name all the posts after songs I've known. Bonus points to the one who guesses where this one comes from. Double bonus points if you didn't have to look it up on the internet.

But literally, I had no time yesterday to post, so I'm already out of the Holidailies running. I was up early to go perform puppets at the school's Breakfast With Santa event. Immediately following that, I had to rush to get to work and teach two classes. Then a quick lunch and a trip to Kohl's to get JJ some clothing. Of course, the little Critter had to go shopping too, then camped out in the toy area. This would have been fine had she not just lost a $28 game from Blockbuster and is under obligation to pay it back. We ended there and ran home with just enough time to get to a production of one of my students in his Christmas play. That was several hours long, but adorable and well worth it. By the time we got home, I was ready to collapse. I nearly blew off church this morning, but until I quit working at the other church I will have very few chances to go to an actual worship service. I'm glad I did go, but I'm still wiped.

JJ got out all the Christmas decor and tree things yesterday, and so the LC is off in the entryway opening boxes, unwrapping lights, sorting ornaments and making a large mess. Meanwhile he has escaped to the store and the gas station. I'm hoping the schedule this year allows us to be here on Christmas morning. It might be worth it to do some decorating after all. It always feels so pointless, setting up the tree, the lights, the mantle, the low wall, only to be somewhere else for the holiday. I suppose there's something to be said for setting the mood of the season, but usually the season just offers more opportunities to get into scrapes with people over stupid stuff.

Maybe I'd be smarter to make New Year's resolutions at Thanksgiving.

1 Comments:

Blogger Fishie said...

By the way, this is a Police song.

4:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home