Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Great Indoors

Nobody is into guessing the song titles yet?

The temperature has finally dropped significantly, reaching the classification of an official change of seasons. This is great news in a way, because I loathe sweating. But in another way, it's a headache. I really don't keep a large collection of cold-weather clothing. Don't get me wrong, I love sweaters and jackets. I just don't have enough to get through an actual cold spell. And pants? Forget it. Everything has to be hemmed, and even then nothing fits right.

I end up wearing a scarf all day every day, just to keep my neck warm, and my back will not officially be warmed up until spring. That's depressing. I'm going to be chilled until at least March. No amount of clothing makes my back warm. Good thing JJ has warm hands.

I say every year that I'll not complain about the cold, because I know then I'll end up with a scorcher of a summer. This has not worked out as a life strategy, though, because the summer still bakes me regardless of that happens in the cooler months. I admit it, I'm a wimp. People who live in colder climates are laughing at me now. If civilization depended on my being able to handle temperature fluctuations, we'd all be doomed.

Still, in a way, something hopeful happens to me in the fall, something to do with finding a greater variety of weather than hot or wet. And somehow I always end up getting to go shopping for warmer clothes, and shopping is rarely a bad thing. Still, if anyone has any tips short of toting around a huge extension cord and a heating pad to keep me warm this year, let me know. I'm shivering with anticipation.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I'd love to guess but without Google the only thing I'm absolutely sure of is that the songs were not done by Paul McCartney, the Beatles, Josh Groban, or Steve Burns. Music rocks my world but the playlist is somewhat limited. :oP

12:14 PM  
Blogger Fishie said...

That's a John Mayer song. From when he didn't suck.

2:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home