Thursday, November 01, 2007

The Pressure is On

Hello, November! Did you know you are actually my favorite month? Of course you are! What glorious things happen in November! You, dear Month, are awash in comestibles. From the first day, when all of the leftover Halloween treats force me to shove them in ever more creative places so I can't find them, to the last week, when the smells of my childhood (and a lot of the feelings, too) return to entice me into the kitchen for an average of six meals a day. Yes, November, you rock.



I appreciate that you started out with some decent weather. I'd love more, if you please. I also thank you for the many opportunities to overschedule myself. Next year I promise to lighten the load a bit, though.

I counted; there are 53 days of shopping left until Christmas, including today. So my goals for November are pretty small. I'm making that list starting today. I'm getting the Christmas stuff down early. And I'm thinking of a great excuse to stay home for our first Christmas ever. Since the in-laws will not be coming down, they've made it a bit easier on us. Now it's my half of the family we have to convince.

So far there's money in the bank, food in the pantry, cool-weather clothes in boxes to be unpacked, and a coupon for a free turkey on the counter. It's looking to be a great month. And best of all, at least at this moment, I have fulfilled 1/30th of my NaBloPoMo requirement!

Happy November! Happy Posting! Get busy, y'all!


3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy NaBloPoMo! I promise to visit every day!

I love November too, but I really coulda done without that '53 shopping days til Christmas' crack. Sheesh.

11:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got my free turkey coupon yesterday - woohoo! :-D

5:24 PM  
Blogger Mrs. Chili said...

I don't know about where YOU are, but all the Christmas crap is out already - folks in stores were moving Halloween stuff out as others were moving Christmas stuff in. It's too soon - I don't want to see tinsel or hear carols until the day after Thanksgiving. Pretty soon, we'll start the Christmas season on July 5th.

I, too, am hoping to stay home for Christmas, but I'm not sure how likely that is....

6:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home