Tuesday, May 08, 2007

In Which We Evaluate My Interview

I feel really good about it. It was an hour and a half before we looked at our watches and checked the time. I consider that a good sign. The program seems easy to step in to and has a curriculum all planned out for an instructor; an outline of what exercises the kids will be doing each week. I got to peek at a few.

I like her attitude that the kids need to have a lot of fun doing the class, so it isn't performance/product oriented. Instead, it's focusing on the process of improving speaking skills etc. I sound like a commercial for them already, but she sold me on it.

They train teachers before they throw them in front of a class, but I get a mini-audition Friday. I'll go to a class and lead a 5 minute group exercise in each class, 5-8 year-olds and 9-12 year-olds. Then I'll get to pump that class' teacher to see how she does it all. And I did learn that if I get the j-o-b, then I will definitely get the Saturday classes. Hot doggie!

I feel so good about it. It wasn't even like an interview; it was more like we struck up a conversation and found we had something in common. I LOVE it when interviews go like that! Not that they ever have before...

Anyway, Friday I shall report back when I have more. But I will say I haven't felt so suited for something and so comfortable with interviewing ever.

Now I can breathe a little!

3 Comments:

Blogger Kimmer said...

That sounds wonderful, like a really good fit. Woo hoo for you!

6:11 AM  
Blogger Beth said...

I was going to say almost the exact same thing as Kimmer! It does sound like a good fit. Hopefully the kids will be as pleasant as the adults. Good luck Friday.

10:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fishie! I am so proud of you! I can't wait to hear how Friday goes. Have fun! :)

1:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home