Monday, November 12, 2007

But college is years away



At the PTA Council meeting, we heard speakers on the subject of dual credit programs and community college scholarships. Honestly, I didn't know there were so many opportunities to go to school in so many different ways, but then, the Bigun chose her own way without even a little nudge from me. So I guess I'm excused.


There was also information that districtwide, all 9th and 10th grade students will now be certified in CPR and taught to use defibrilators. If that ain't a kicker. And another school is enrolling all students in the community college system no matter where they are accepted. I don't quite know why, except to be able to say "All of these students are enrolled in a post secondary education program." Um, yeah.


In other education news, my friend J had a rough time in her daughter's class today. We parents were substitutes for the first couple of hours of school so the teachers could attend a special breakfast, and J had apparently scored the class with all the demon children in it. Not only demon children, but by her reckoning, the stupid demon children. She never said that, but I heard her think it. She was amazed at how little they were able to do, so she set them to working. Poor thing. Poor kids. Poor teacher. As for me, the LC's class was decently behaved and said I was cool. So damnit, I may not get to be homecoming queen this year, but my little clique of nine year olds likes me.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kimmer said...

That picture makes the whole post. Glad you didn't get stuck with demon kids!

7:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I actually think the kids learning CPR and stuff is a great idea.

I'm glad you got the good kids. Either that or I'm glad they kept their demon sides hidden while you were with them. (Which is much more likely than a whole classroom full of kids being well-behaved and intelligent)

11:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home