Saturday, November 10, 2007

Decisive


The Little Critter had the option to download games today, and she was struggling with which one she would download. That's not unusual, bit it highlighted a trend I've recently noticed. She would ask JJ and/or I to pick a movie, a book, a game for her. Almost without fail, when we would pick one, she'd say "Pick another one." When she didn't do that, she'd just go ahead and choose another one anyway.


Where does that come from? Is it the Inner Contrarian that wells up in her? Why does she feel the need to ask if, when she chooses, she basically says our choices suck? Does she judge the value of her choices by how opposed they are to ours? Why does she keep asking?


This came up last night, when we were deciding which movie to watch. We've tried to instigate a movie night whenever she can't have anyone over, so we told her to pick a movie. She offered five choices. I picked one. She tossed it back in the box. JJ picked one. She set that one aside too. Finally she announced two from which to choose and then chose one. So I made popcorn, snuggled in next to her on the couch, and then a half hour later she abandoned JJ and me for the computer.


I didn't mind seeing Shrek again.


Still, I'm extremely decisive. I make a lot of wrong decisions, but more often I do okay. I find that for myself, much analysis equals paralysis, so I go with my gut. I realize the LC isn't going to do everything the way I do it, but this I don't understand.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with you.

Wait, no. I do not agree with you.

Except..you do have a good point. Ok, I agree with you.

Hold on, no I don't.

(hee)

(I'm so sorry, my inner child is a bit of a shit)

12:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home